Course Coffee Celebrates its Grand Opening
Course Coffee Roasters is a micro coffee roaster based in the heart of St. Charles and owned by Brandon & Sarah Runk and Andrew Mueller. They describe this start as a passion, due to their lives being changed over coffee. Together they worked at various shops and shared interests and hardships. Each traveled individually on their quest to try different roasters and taste unique coffees, both domestic and international. This sparked a life change to learn more about the complete art and process of making great coffee.
Brandon (Roaster) started off hobby roasting and over the years honed his skills via roasting guilds, hands-on education with top tradesmen and mentors, and doing research. In pursuing the business, Brandon and Sarah relocated from Pennsylvania to St. Charles, MO, to make their new home and now the home of Course Coffee Roasters. Andrew, a barista champion, espresso/coffee trainer and expert, joined the team with the same dream, passion and commitment, having moved here from Florida.
For 3 years they have been serving our residents via the St. Charles Farmers Market, which has helped them to get to know and find their place in this community. Additionally, Course Coffee Roasters serves at events, fundraisers and partners with some incredible local businesses. It is their desire is promote public support and awareness of whole coffee culture.
Course Coffee Roasters’ objective and intentions include:
- – Roasting in small batches, allowing to steward the coffee bean from crop to cup. By roasting each coffee bean to accent the country and regions natural flavors and traits, the origin country becomes featured.
- – With continued research and tasting of their roasts, they strive to provide quality and consistency within the seasons and evolution of the beans. They seek to learn from and add to knowledge and the art within the trade and practice.
- – Highlighting people and building relationships with those producing the crop and those who enjoy each cup, both traveling and being a part of our local community.
- – Specifically sourcing beans from direct trade distributors and building a personal connection with the farms, countries and organizations to support fair trade and ethical practices.
Course Coffee’s ultimate mission is to explore the world of coffee and share a cup alongside each individual course. Behind every stage of coffee are people. They believe every individual is on a path and has a story to tell about their journey–their course of life. In our experience, coffee brings about a means of connectivity. The objective of opening a coffee and tasting bar is to open a space for people to learn and share coffee as a bridge to cultures, people and one another.
Offered at the coffee bar-
- – complimentary samples of any of our coffees.
- – coffee flights and flavor profiling.
- – roast and serve unique coffees from each coffee growing region.
- -In addition, they have a full espresso bar, artisan and local tea, cold brew, nitro, a variety of baked goods including a savory selection from Mr. Meowski’s Bakery to pair with the coffees.
So come in, hang out, try some coffees, talk, share, be. They are grateful that their course in life has crossed paths with yours.