Stop #3, McKinley School
The school, erected in 1915, was named for Saint Charles County Schools Superintendent P.J. McKinley. The original school building consisted of only 2 classrooms, now occupied by Old McKinley Arts Studio & Gallery. There,
Frenchtown Artists Mary Ostertag and daughter Kari, host workshops and events. Additions were added over the years to include an auditorium, cafeteria, library, and a dozen classrooms. The school closed in 1979. In the 90s it was an Antique Mall. At that time, some of the building’s interior character changed: various antique doors and indoor facades were added. Today a major tenant is Calvary Church, who is building a sense of ‘community’ in Frenchtown.